Sunday, Mar 25 2012 - Amazingly
View CECILY55's food & exercise for this day
I have what is perhaps a workable diet plan. As my life is now, my eating is intermittent and it is difficult to prepack/plan what I eat. But I can follow some rules:
1. Breakfast: eat whatever. Be sure to include some animal protein--beef or chicken or pork or eggs or cheese. Dairy is OK. If I want a steak and baked potato, eat it for breakfast. If I want a gooey sandwich with mayo and all the trimmings, have it for breakfast.
2. Lunch: strict vegan, relatively low fat. Emphasize fresh fruits and vegies. Include seeds and nuts (no more than 2 oz -- measure this ahead of time). High quality bread for sandwiches is OK on busy days.
3. Dinner: mostly vegetarian. Limited egg white is OK, small amount of fish or shellfish (less than 2 oz), no milk or cheese. Emphasize fresh vegetables and fruit. Potatoes, beans, rice, WW pasta is OK; dress with olive oil. Salads are good; dress w/ vinegar and oil.
4. Snacks: vegetarian. SF jello/pudding is OK. Organic applesauce w/ wheat bran, other high fiber choices. Emphasize fresh and wholesome. Wine is OK when we eat out.
5. Evening: small glass (6 oz) ale or stout. Enjoy.
6. To avoid: fast food, commercial salad dressings, sweets except on weekends, ice cream, cheap and/or highly processed carbs. Hard liquor except on weekends.
7. Each day except Thursday I will walk one mile in the morning and one mile in the evening; I will do 20 leg squats, 5 pushups, 3 planks @ 15 seconds, 10 situps. Not much, but it's a start.
I followed this today (Sunday) and ate about 1800 calories even eating out. Tomorrow I will weigh in the morning as baseline and then weigh again in two weeks. I will weigh/measure my food only to see what I actually eat. No stress (yeah, right!).