Saturday, Mar 31 2012 - Week 1-Day 7
View CECILY55's food & exercise for this day
Saturday and it's day 7 of my experimental diet. I can see I need to make a couple of changes: I need to include some FF yogurt or pudding for snacks; relying entirely on fresh fruit and vegies is simply not practical. First, fresh fruit is not all that portable for class situations; my braces interfere with crunchy vegies.
Today I put some calorie goals in my plan. If I follow this exactly, my calories will total about 1800 calories. I will lose on this if I increase my activity levels.
OK, now I have a plan.
Today so far hasn't gone exactly as planned: I had lunch with Larry at the local greasy spoon--ended up having a small bowl of ham/bean soup plus 6 saltines. I must say it was pretty tasty. More later 'cause I need a short nap.
THE RULES UPDATED
1. Breakfast like a king: eat whatever. Calorie goal, 800 kCal. Be sure to include some animal protein--beef or chicken or pork or eggs or cheese. Dairy is OK. If I want a steak and baked potato, eat it for breakfast. If I want a gooey sandwich with mayo and all the trimmings, have it for breakfast.
2. Lunch like a prince: lactovegetarian, relatively low fat. Caloried goal, 500 kCal. Emphasize fresh fruits and vegies. No cheese but fat free yogurt is OK. High quality bread for sandwiches is OK on busy days.
3. Dinner like a pauper: mostly vegetarian. Calorie goal, 300 kCal. Example: small salad w/ V&O, small cup bean soup, crusty bread. Fresh fruit for dessert. Limited egg white is OK, small amount of fish or shellfish (less than 2 oz), no milk or cheese. Emphasize fresh vegetables and fruit. Potatoes, beans, rice, WW pasta is OK (small amount); dress with olive oil. Salads are good; dress w/ vinegar and oil. Wine is OK when we eat out.
4. Snacks: vegetarian. Calorie goal, 200 kCal (including glass of beer in evening). Fresh fruit, SF jello/pudding or FF yogurt are OK. Organic applesauce w/ wheat bran, other high fiber choices. Emphasize fresh and wholesome.
5. Water: drink at least 3 liters per day (not including coffee or caffeinated tea)
6. Evening: small glass (6 oz) ale or stout. Enjoy.
7. To avoid: fast food, commercial salad dressings, sweets except on weekends, ice cream, cheap and/or highly processed carbs. No hard liquor except on weekends.
8. Each day except Thursday I will walk one mile/20 minutes in the morning and one mile/20 minutes in the evening; I will do 20 leg squats, 5 pushups, 3 planks @ 15 seconds, 10 situps.