Need to lose 100 so glad to have found this group

TCLAY - 3:04PM PDT, Sep 26th 2010

Hello. I've been on and off CK for a while. Never looked for groups before and can use all the support I can get so here I am. Need to lose 100, lost 5 then gained more than 5 and this week lost 3. Gotta step up the activity but feel like I am getting my eating under control. It helps that I am currently on a no meat spiritual fast. Looking forward to sharing with all of you.

JCASWELL - 6:22PM PDT, Sep 27th 2010

jcaswell
Connecticut

Good Luck! I am new to CK and have well over 100lbs to lose! This is only day 5 for me.. weigh in on Thursday. You can do it, I can do it! I'm sure you will find some great support here! I have a pattern I seem to always follow, of sticking with a new "diet" for a month, then slipping slowy into my old ways. I'm hoping this time will be different! Good Luck on your journey! Talk soon..

AKFANN - 7:25PM PDT, Sep 27th 2010

akfann
Southeast Georgia

Welcome! You are so in the right place. CK has fit all of the missing puzzle pieces together for me and I'm sure it will for you. I've lost 72 pounds and have about 90 to go. So hang around the forums, learn by reading the materials, blog about your journey, log in your diary religiously and live healthier through diet and exercise. This program works where others have failed. Stay positive and hang in there. We're all here to support one another!

Good luck!
~Amanda

HW: 313.2
CKSW: 303 (Apr 2010)
CW: 240.6 and dropping!
IGW: 238.2 (75 lbs)
GW: 150

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

NIGHTOWL - 12:40AM PDT, Sep 28th 2010

nightowl
Aurora

Welcome TCLAY and JCASWELL.

I'm relatively new to CK as well (joined Aug of 2009, but didn't really get started until Aug 2010), but I'm plugging along (just moved into Silver level this weekend). I've been on every diet program out there but am finding that CK is working better for me because I finally stopped thinking of it as a DIET. I've battled my weight my entire life, so have finally accepted that I need to learn a new way to live, not DIE-t. There are no bad foods, just bad portion choices.

I love the support of these forums. It's so comforting to find people that really understand how tough this battle is! Let's keep each other motivated and on the right track!

Nancy

HW: 348
CKSW: 310 (Aug 2009)
CK re-SW: 322 (Aug 2010)
CW: 305
Sept GW: 300
GW: 165

AKFANN - 11:26AM PDT, Sep 28th 2010

akfann
Southeast Georgia

Nancy, you have just hit the nail on the head!!! :clap:

~Amanda

CW: 240.6 and dropping!
IGW: 238.2 (75 lbs)

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

CHOOSE2DAY - 8:26AM PDT, Oct 30th 2010

choose2day
Wisconsin

Amanda,
Wow! Congratulations on losing 72 pounds!!!:rock1::rock1::rock1::rock1::rock1::rock1::rock1: (That's one for every ten pounds!!) Finding people like you who are being successful is a great inspiration for me. You make me think that it could be possible!! I've been losing the same 10 pounds over and over again for about the last 2 years. It's not that I haven't been trying. If I can get past this 10 # mark, I will feel like perhaps I am getting somewhere. But there is lots that I have to learn, and I need to figure out how to get some regular exercise into my life. Thanks for being a role model for the rest of us. You must feel terrific!!:wave1:

AKFANN - 7:39PM PDT, Nov 1st 2010

akfann
Southeast Georgia

CHOOSE2DAY:

Thanks for your post. I've been there with the same 10 pounds lost repeatedly. But when I found CK I was pushing 40, I was ready for a change and found the missing pieces to the puzzle here (the tools and the supportive community). Glad FINALLY be a role model! You just stay on track and log and plan everything that you can as accurately as you can. You will get there!

~Amanda

CW: 233 (80.2 lbs & dropping!)
IGW: 213.2

-Ralph Waldo Emerson