My husband and I love this recipe. It's a really nice change to boring baked chicken.
Oven-Fried Chicken with Mustard Bran Coating
*1.5 Tbsp Great Value All Natural Spicey Southwest Mustard (can substitute Dijon mustard)
*1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
*1.5 tsp jarred pre-minced Garlic (or 3 cloves finely minced)
*1/2 tsp crushed dried Rosemary
*Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
*2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast - about 6 pieces (can substitute skinless chicken thighs)
*3 cups Bran Flakes Cereal (crush them after measuring)
*6 Tbsp Grated Kraft Parmesan & Romano Cheese or plain grated parmesan
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium sized bowl combine lemon juice, mustard, garlic, rosemary and black pepper.
3. Pat the chicken dry and add it to the mustard mixture. Stir to coat.
4. In a sealable bag combine crushed bran flakes and parmesan cheese.
5. Add chicken a couple pieces at the time and shake to coat with crumb mixture.
6. In a baking dish or pan coated with non-stick cooking sprak, arrange the chicken in a single layer. Sprinkle remaining crumbs over the top.
7. Cover with foil and bake 15 minutes. (Increase this time to 20 minutes for chicken thighs)
8. Remove foil. Bake about 15 minutes longer or until juices run clear when pricked with a fork. (Increase this time to 20 minutes for chicken thighs)
9. Garnish with lemon slices and fresh rosemary.
Keep warm until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Nutritional Info Per Serving (calculated with chicken breast)
Total Fat: 3.3 g
Cholesterol: 80.8 mg
Sodium: 610.0 mg
Total Carbs: 16.6 g
Dietary Fiber: 3.4 g
Protein: 35.6 g
CKSW: 303 (Apr 2010)
CW: 221.8 (91.4 lbs & dropping!)
"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson