Thai Chicken Salad With Fig
A fresh light chicken salad with figs, melon and vegetables.
Serves: 6 person(s) Change
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Extra Time: 1 hr
(for pre-cooking chicken and refrigeration)
- 6 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, crushed
- 2 tsp very finely minced fresh ginger root
- 2 cup shredded, cooked chicken
- 1 cup California dried figs, stems removed, cut lengthwise into eighths
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 small cantalope melon (2 cups), seeded, pared, cut in julienne strips
- 1 sweet, red pepper (1½ cups), ribs and seeds removed, cut in julienne strips
- 1 small cucumber (2 cups), peeled, seeded, cut in julienne strips
- 1 bag assorted mixed salad greens
- 6 mint sprigs (for garnish)
Combine lime juice, honey, soy sauce, pepper flakes and ginger root in medium bowl; mix well. Add chicken, figs, onions and mint; toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for one hour. Stir occasionally.
When ready to serve, combine cantalope, pepper strips and cucumber with marinated chicken and toss gently but thoroughly. Line serving bowl or salad plates with greens and arrange mixture in center. Garnish with mint sprigs if desired.