Greek Salad with Tangy Lemon Tofu Dressing
A sumptuous twist to the traditional Greek salad.
Serves: 6 person(s) Change
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Extra Time: 5 mins
(for pre-cooking edamame)
- 3 cup peeled and chopped cucumber
- 2 cup seeded and chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup torn Iceberg lettuce
- 1 1/2 cup torn Romaine lettuce
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion (sliced into rings)
- 1 cup edamame (whole green soybeans), shelled and cooked
- 1/3 cup pitted, sliced, drained black olives
- 1 package (about 12.3 oz) silken tofu (for dressing)
- 2 Tbsp soybean oil (vegetable oil) (for dressing)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (for dressing)
- 1 tsp minced garlic (1 clove), or 3/8 tsp garlic powder (for dressing)
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves (for dressing)
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper (for dressing)
- 1/4 tsp salt (for dressing)
- 1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
Combine cucumber, tomatoes, lettuces, onion, edamame, and olives in large salad bowl.
Put tofu, oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, black pepper, and salt in a blender or food processor, and purée until smooth, scraping occasionally. If dressing is too thick, use pulse.
Pour dressing over salad and mix until blended. Sprinkle with feta cheese.