Healthy Recipe Makeovers
All-American Turkey Burgers
- Try a new twist on the classic quarter-pounder with this Recipe Makeover. This version uses lean ground turkey in place of ground beef.
Per serving: 379 calories and 10.6g fat.
Saves: 136 calories and 25.4g fat!
Asian Bean and Rice Rolls
- Ditch the unhealthy spring rolls! Instead, serve your guests these tasty lower-calorie, lower-fat, fiber-rich rolls. This Recipe Makeover beats traditional spring rolls!
Per serving: 373 calories, 6.8g fat, 316mg sodium, and 9.5g fiber.
Saves: 147 calories, 26.1g fat, 614mg sodium, and gains 5.5g fiber!
Asian Noodles with Poached Alaska Salmon
- If you like ramen soup but want something healthier, packed with Omega-3s and lower in salt, try this Recipe Makeover.
Per serving: 362 calories, 9.2g fat, 711mg sodium, and 35.3g protein.
Saves: 18 calories, 6.8g fat, 929mg sodium, and adds 25.3g protein over traditional ramen soup!
Avocado Angel Eggs
- Do you enjoy deviled eggs but want something lighter? Try out this Recipe Makeover for Avocado Angel Eggs.
Per serving: 64 calories, 4.9g fat and 106mg cholesterol.
Saves: 34 calories, 2.1g fat and 108mg cholesterol.
- This Recipe Makeover is a lower-calorie alternative to potato chips for when you want something crispy and savory to munch on.
Per serving: 114 calories, 7g fat and 10g carbs.
Saves: 55 calories, 4g fat and 6g carbs.
Banana Cream Pie
- A decadent looking pie that has 39% less calories than the traditional recipe!
Per 1/8 of pie: 246 calories, 8.2 g fat, 3.2 g saturated fat.
Saves, per 1/8 of pie: 107 calories, 12.6 g fat, 7.5 g saturated fat.
- This non-alcoholic Recipe Makeover version of the Banana Daiquiri tastes like the real thing but without the extra calories!
Per serving: 188 calories.
Saves: 133 calories.
Banana and Prune Yogurt Smoothie
- Yes, even the popular banana smoothie can be improved upon! Our Recipe Makeover makes it far lower in calories, fat and carbs than the traditional recipe.
Per serving: 195 calories, 1g fat and 38g carbs.
Saves: 91 calories, 7.4g fat and 7g carbs.
Bavarian Rice Cloud with Bittersweet Chocolate Sauce
- This tasty Bavarian Cream is a made-over recipe version, retaining the flavor of the original while seriously decreasing the calories and fat.
Per serving: 165 calories, 4g fat and 28g carbs.
Saves: 330 calories, 28g fat and 20g carbs!
Bean and Vegetable Burritos
- Compared to traditional bean burritos, this Recipe Makeover has far less calories, fat and sodium - and, perfect for the slow cooker (crock pot)!
Per serving: 498 calories, 10.4g fat and 637mg sodium.
Saves: 206 calories, 21.1g fat and 1352mg sodium!
Beef and Mushroom Burgers
- Craving a burger? Forget takeout, make your own! Our Recipe Makeover shows you how to make it with less calories and fat than the burgers you'll find at your local burger place.
Per serving: 452 calories and 14g fat.
Saves: 375 calories and 42g fat
Bittersweet Chocolate Truffles
- Ooh, la la! Spoil your special someone with these delectable treats! This Recipe Makeover shows you an alternative to traditional chocolate truffles.
Per serving: 139 calories, 10.5g fat and 9.7g carbs.
Saves: 40 calories, 3.5g fat and 6.1g carbs.
Black Beans with Figs and Bell Peppers
- Looking for a lower-calorie version of Boston Baked Beans? Look no further than this Recipe Makeover. Dressed up with figs, this recipe is sweet, spicy and higher in fiber than the traditional dish.
Per serving: 300 calories, 5g fat and 15g fiber.
Saves: 100 calories, 2g fat and adds 10g more fiber!
Blueberry Lemon Scones
- Given a Recipe Makeover, these lighter scones are a delightful addition to "a spot of tea"!
Per serving: 3g fat and 9mg cholesterol.
Saves: 4g fat and 26mg cholesterol over the traditional scone.
Blueberry Upside-Down Cake
- Reminiscent of times past, this tasty retro cake has been given a Recipe Makeover, rendering a lower-calorie twist on the retro classic.
Per serving: 189 calories, 1.3g fat and 0.5g sat fat.
Saves: 218 calories, 17.3g fat and 5.7g sat fat!
Brandy Pumpkin Flan with Hazelnut Crust
- Our Recipe Makeover is a delicious lower-calorie alternative to the traditional pumpkin pie - perfect for special occasions and holidays.
Per serving: 143 calories, 5.3g fat and 17g carbs.
Saves: 193 calories, 12.7g fat and 22g carbs!
Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Spicy chicken and cream sauce tossed with linguine - lower calorie!
Per serving: 445 calories, 5.2 g fat and 78 mg cholesterol.
Saves: 728 calories, 61.4 g fat and 198 mg cholesterol.
Carb-Conscious Chocolate Cheesecake
- This delicious chocolate cheesecake is not only reduced in fat, but it's also lower carb than the traditional recipe. This Recipe Makeover is sure to become a favorite!
Per serving* : 154 calories, 10.2g fat, 12.3g carbs, and 8.9g sugars.
Saves* : 105 calories, 6.4g fat, 14.3g carbs, and 12.4g sugars.
Cheesy Broccoli Potato Soup
- Mmmm, good! This creamy-tasting soup, is a Recipe Makeover, made lower-fat than a traditional cheesy broccoli soup.
Per serving: 150 calories, 5g fat and 3g sat fat.
Saves: 150 calories, 16g fat and 10.5g sat fat.
Chicken Cherry Wraps
- Why have a boring old chicken-and-mayo sandwich, when instead, you can have this innovative Recipe Makeover wrap, spruced up with dried cherries and veggies!
Per serving: 284 calories, 5g fat and 500mg sodium.
Saves: 264 calories, 16g fat and 541mg sodium.
- With our Recipe Makeover, find out how you can save calories and fat when preparing this old favorite.
Per serving, listed at 8 servings: 315 calories and 1.8g fat.
Saves, listed at 8 servings: 43 calories and 7.1g fat.
Chocolate Almond Coffee
- Instead of your next mocha, try an alternative. This Recipe Makeover combines coffee with a touch of cocoa and the exotic flavor of almond.
Per serving: 19 calories, 1g fat, 0 cholesterol, and 0 sugars.
Saves: 169 calories, 12g fat, 44mg cholesterol, and 14g sugars!
Chocolate Raspberry Brownie Bites with Walnuts
- At under 100 calories, these bite-sized brownies have been transformed, guilt-free by this Recipe Makeover!
Per serving: 86 calories and 3.3g fat.
Saves: 38 calories and 4.6g fat!
- Cherries, bananas and macadamia nuts are a perfect trio in this holiday quick bread. And, the calories are slashed with this Recipe Makeover!
Per serving: 167 calories, 6g fat, 23mg cholesterol, and 14g sugars.
Saves: 131 calories, 8.5g fat, 31mg cholesterol, and 12g sugars.
Chunky Pork and Sausage Chili
- It's chili time! This lower-calorie Recipe Makeover can easily be prepared in a slow cooker (crock pot).
Per serving: 199 calories, 4.3g fat and 594mg sodium.
Saves: 183 calories, 19.2g fat and 639mg sodium!
Coconut Vegetable Curry
- If you enjoy coconut milk based curries but are concerned about their fat and calorie content, try out our Recipe Makeover. It's lighter but still delicious!
Per serving: 200 calories and 11g fat.
Saves: 172 calories and 19g fat.
- Accent your meal with this lower-sugar version of the traditional holiday sauce!
Per serving: 25 calories, 0 fat, 6.6g carbs, and 1.4g sugar.
Saves: 76 calories, 0 fat, 19.5g carbs, and 21.9g sugars.
Crunchy Cherry Party Mix
- This easy-to-prepare snack is a party and holiday favorite! As a Recipe Makeover, it cuts down on the calories, fat and sodium of a traditional recipe, and, it's crunchy good!
Per serving: 93 calories, 2.2g fat and 202mg sodium.
Saves: 55 calories, 4.5g fat and 220mg sodium.
Easy Vegetarian Pizza
- Mmmm, try this mouth-watering pizza with a light, crunchy base! Our Recipe Makeover, saves you many calories, fat and carbs over a traditional cheese pizza.
Per serving: 133 calories, 4g fat, 1g sat fat, and 7g carbs.
Saves: 316 calories, 22g fat, 10g sat fat, and 25g carbs!
- An easy-to-make holiday eggnog with an apple cider twist, this Recipe Makeover shrinks the calories and fat.
Per 1 cup serving: 171 calories and 0.3g fat.
Saves, per cup: 350 calories and 38.7g fat over traditional non-alcoholic eggnog; or 414 calories and 38.7g fat over traditional alcoholic eggnog!
- Pasta salad gets the Recipe Makeover treatment. We shave off the calories, fat and carbs of traditional pasta salad in our version.
Per serving: 201 calories, 4g fat and 33g carbs.
Saves: 263 calories, 18g fat and 27g carbs.
Fresh Garden Omelet
- In this Recipe Makeover, garden vegetables and cottage cheese add a delicious, lighter twist to the traditional country omelet.
Per serving: 138 calories, 6.9g fat and 2.1g sat fat.
Saves: 95 calories, 10.6g fat and 6.3g sat fat!
Frozen Yogurt Apricot Float
- Full of flavor and healthier than the traditional ice cream float, this Recipe Makeover is mmm...yum!
Per serving: 174 calories and 1.4g fat.
Saves: 212 calories and 12.6g fat!
- This oven-baked Recipe Makeover knocks the 'fry' out of French fries!
Per serving: 201 calories and 5g fat.
Saves: 65 calories and 8g fat.
Gnocchi with Tomato and Fresh Basil Salsa
- Tired of regular pasta and salty sauce? Try making this lighter Recipe Makeover, made with fresh herbs and the zing of tomatoes.
Per serving: 331 calories, 3.9g fat and 106mg sodium.
Saves: 98 calories, 3.6g fat and 877mg sodium over traditional gnocchi!
Green Bean and Wisconsin Cheese Casserole with Spicy Onion Rings
- Grace your table with this lighter remake of the classic green bean casserole - yum!
Per serving: 95 calories, 2.6g fat and 118mg sodium.
Saves: 12 calories, 5.1g fat and 245mg sodium.
- The slightly smoky taste compliments the nuttiness of the artichoke, and no butter dip is necessary in this lighter Recipe Makeover!
Per serving: 126 calories and 7g fat.
Saves: 153 calories and 16g fat.
Grilled Chili Lime Chicken Wings
- Easy, tasty skinless chicken wings! This lower-calorie, lower-fat Recipe Makeover scores big at sports night, tailgate or Super Bowl parties!
Per serving (3 wings): 235 cals and 5.2 g fat.
Saves (per 3 wings): 139 cals and 18 g fat!
Grilled Fish with Corn and Leek
- Ditch the fried fish! Instead try our fish with a relish-style sauce. For a delicious Recipe Makeover, it's considerably lower in calories and fat than fried fish.
Per serving: 242 calories and 10g fat.
Saves: 503 calories and 49g fat!
Grilled Steak and Vegetables Parmesan
- Losing weight doesn't mean steak is off the menu. Try our Recipe Makeover to see how you can have your steak and eat it too!
Per serving: 298 calories, 9g fat, 3.7g sat fat, and 71mg cholesterol.
Saves: 398 calories, 43g fat, 16.3g sat fat, and 77mg cholesterol!
Healthy Soy Sloppy Joes
- A blast from the past, this Recipe Makeover of a 1930's supper dish combines soy, herbs and spices for a quick, flavorful meal.
Per serving: 292 calories and 6.9g fat.
Saves: 120 calories and 9.3g fat over a traditional recipe!
Heavy Cream Substitute
- Looking for a lower-fat cream substitute to use in place of some recipes calling for heavy cream? Try this made-over recipe!
Per 1 cup: 131 calories and 2.5g fat
Saves: 516 calories and 64.2g fat!
Idaho Potato Nicoise Salad
- Try our Recipe Makeover for a lighter version of the traditional dish, saving big on calories, fat and sodium.
Per serving: 261 calories, 6g fat and 524mg sodium.
Saves: 273 calories, 17g fat and 654mg sodium!
Idaho Potato Tart
- An adventurous and flavorful alternative to scalloped potatoes, this Recipe Makeover trims the calories, fat and carbs of the classic dish.
Per serving: 214 calories, 8g fat and 31g carbs.
Saves: 176 calories, 9g fat and 10g carbs!
Irish Cream Iced Cappuccino
- This refreshing non-alcoholic drink is an easy-to-make Recipe Makeover which contains far less calories than the original recipe.
Per serving: 135 calories, 3.2g fat and 4mg cholesterol.
Saves: 225 calories, 17g fat and 224mg cholesterol!
Lamb Chops with Nectarine Salsa
- Jazz up lamb chops with this fruity nectarine salsa! Our Recipe Makeover transforms the traditional fried lamb chop into a unique, lower-calorie, lower-fat version.
Per serving: 299 calories and 8g fat.
Saves: 148 calories and 26g fat!
Lamb with Roasted Apples and Onions
- This elegant, succulent dish is fit to grace any special occasion table - and as a Recipe Makeover, it's leaner than the traditional rack of lamb.
Per serving: 316 calories and 15g fat.
Saves: 313 calories and 22g fat!
Leg of Lamb with Garlic and Rosemary
- A delectable, elegant, yet easy-to-make lamb Recipe Makeover is sure to grace your table!
Per serving: 168 calories and 7.5g fat.
Saves: 128 calories and 14.5g fat over a regular leg of lamb!
Lemon Cherry Scones
- Made with dried cherries, these scones are a delight served with tea or coffee...and due to a Recipe Makeover, they're delightfully lighter in calories and fat than traditional scones!
Per serving: 198 calories and 8g fat.
Saves: 63 calories and 6g fat.
Marvelicious Mac and Cheese
- This yummy mac-and-cheese, made lower-fat, is sure to please the family!
Per serving: 266 calories and 6.6g fat.
Saves: Up to 528 calories and 32g fat over traditional store-bought and restaurant dishes.
Mashed Idaho Potatoes
- This Recipe Makeover can be made stove-top or in a crock-pot/slow cooker. It is sure to be a hit, especially during the holiday season!
Per serving, 1/2 cup: 102 calories and 1.4g fat.
Saves, per 1/2 cup: 32 calories and 4.7g fat.
- This is not just your everyday iced coffee, and because it's a Recipe Makeover, it has less calories and fat than a regular mocha. Yum!
Per serving: 96 calories and 0 fat.
Saves: 66 calories and 10g fat!
Morning Glory Muffins
- The yummy muffin that brightens the morning, has been given a Recipe Makeover. It's lower in calories, fat and carbs than traditional muffins.
Per serving: 175 calories and 7g fat.
Saves: 137 calories and 12g fat!
Mushroom and Chicken Coq au Vin
- Mushrooms, chicken, bacon, and wine make a delicious combination in this warming French dish - lower calorie than traditional recipes due to a Recipe Makeover.
Per serving: 357 calories and 9g fat.
Saves: 743 calories and 57g fat!
Mushroom, Shrimp and Egg Pad Thai Noodles
- This Recipe Makeover of a favorite Thai dish is a treat every time!
Per serving: 350 calories and 15g fat.
Saves: 95 calories and 8g fat over traditional Pad Thai.
Non-Fat Vanilla Ice Cream
- Our Recipe Makeover is a delicious fat-free alternative to traditional ice cream.
Per serving: 58 calories, 0.1g fat and 11g carbs
Saves: 214 calories, 17.6g fat and 13.8g carbs!
- How about a tasty under 100-calorie candy treat to please the palate? This Recipe Makeover shows you how!
Per serving: 62 calories, 2.3g fat and 2.1g sugars.
Saves: 41 calories, 0.5g fat and 8.1 sugars.
- This fun, frozen dessert is easy enough for the kids to help make. Plus, as it's a Recipe Makeover, it's much lighter than a traditional recipe!
Per serving: 138 calories and 2.5g fat.
Saves: 134 calories and 3.2g fat.
Pasta with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- Feel indulgent while sticking to your weight-loss goals with this creamy mushroom pasta. This Recipe Makeover yields less calories and fat than traditional creamy pastas.
Per serving: 349 calories and 7g fat.
Saves: 216 calories and 15g fat!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
- This Recipe Makeover is a great holiday treat or lunchbox snack, with 20% less calories than the traditional recipe.
Per serving: 67 calories and 3g sugars.
Saves: 17 calories and 4g sugars.
Raspberry-Almond Bar Cookies
- Great for the lunchbox or for an afternoon snack, this Recipe Makeover renders a 31% calorie reduction from a traditional recipe.
Per serving: 106 calorie, 4.7g fat and 6g sugars.
Saves: 63 calories, 2.1g fat and 11g sugars!
Reuben Triple S
- Corned beef, sauerkraut and Swiss cheese on rye - still a classic, yet made over lower-cal!
Per serving: 214 calories and 7.7 g fat
Saves: 494 calories and 36 g fat!
- This Recipe Makeover is a fat-free replacement for traditional whipped cream, saving on calories!
Per serving: 14 calories, 0.6g fat and 0.8g carbs.
Saves: 18 calories, 2.2g fat and 0.9g carbs.
Saucy Italian Turkey Sausage Sub
- With a Recipe Makeover, here's a leaner sandwich fit for Oktoberfest, game night, tailgate party, or Super Bowl party!
Per serving: 413 calories, 9g fat and 0.7g sat fat.
Saves: 431 calories, 34g fat and 16.3g sat fat!
- Scalloped potatoes are always popular so with this Recipe Makeover we show you how to make them healthier than the traditional dish.
Per serving: 293 calories and 6g fat.
Saves: 54 calories and 6g fat.
Southern Oven-Fried Chicken
- Missing fried chicken? Try this oven "fried" twist of the American favorite, a Recipe Makeover that has far less calories, fat and cholesterol compared to standard fried chicken.
Per serving: 156 calories, 1g fat and 56mg cholesterol.
Saves: 636 calories, 50g fat and 228mg cholesterol!
Spaghetti Bolognese with Chicken
- This classic dish, given a Recipe Makeover, saves enormously on calories, fat and sodium over a traditional recipe.
Per serving, per 2 cups: 484 calories and 4g fat.
Saves, per 2 cup serving: 339 calories and 39g fat!
Spiced Hot Cocoa
- This yummy, rich, hot cocoa is a special treat with adult tastes in mind. Our Recipe Makeover renders great taste yet less calories, fat and cholesterol than regular cocoa.
Per serving, per 1-1/2 cups: 268 calories and 11g fat.
Saves, per 1-1/2 cup serving: 69 calories an 10g fat.
Spicy Pumpkin Soup
- This very zesty, flavorful soup is lower in calories, fat and sodium than traditional squash soup thanks to a Recipe Makeover.
Per serving: 206 calories and 5g fat.
Saves: 53 calories and 14g fat!
Springtime Stir-Fry with Scallops & California Jumbo Asparagus
- This flavorful stir-fry is something special and as a Recipe Makeover, it has less calories, fat and sodium than many traditional stir-fries.
Per serving: 272 calories, 2.4g fat and 255mg sodium.
Saves: 80 calories, 3.6g fat and 1237mg sodium!
- A luscious taste treat for a special occasion! Plus, because it's a Recipe Makeover, it has far less calories and fat compared to traditional Tiramisu!
Per recipe: 250 calories and 13g fat.
Saves: 222 calories and 20g fat!
Sunrise Power Blend
- Thanks to a Recipe Makeover, this is more than a smoothie, it's a power meal in itself!
Per serving: 380 calories, 10g fat and 62g carbs.
Saves: 180 calories, 7g fat and 26g carbs compared to most regular smoothies.
Sweet Idaho Potato and Ricotta Latkes
- This Recipe Makeover is a sweet variation of the traditional holiday food.
Per serving: 156 calories, 8g fat, 28 cholesterol, and 145mg sodium.
Saves: 160 calories, 8g fat, 52mg cholesterol, and 331mg sodium!
Thai Fish Cakes
- These are not just your run-of-the-mill fish cakes. Our Recipe Makeover means they're lower in calories and fat than traditional fish cakes.
Per serving: 258 calories and 4g fat.
Saves: 187 calories and 24g fat!
- As a Recipe Makeover, this tofu dish is an alternative to scrambled eggs.
Per serving: 120 calories and 7g fat.
Saves: 369 calories and 38g fat!
Touchdown Taco Salad
- Add this Recipe Makeover of the traditional taco salad to your tailgate or Super Bowl party. As a lower-calorie salad it scores a touchdown every time!
Per serving: 178 calories, 2.8g fat and 0.8g sat fat.
Saves: 604 calories, 48.2g fat and 20.5g sat fat!
Tropical Strawberry Smoothie
- Strawberries, pineapple and pina colada yogurt...cool and refreshing, it's lower-calorie as a Recipe Makeover.
Per 1 cup serving: 100 calories and 1g fat.
Saves, per cup: 43 calories and 3g fat over restaurant smoothies.
- Skim down the calories and sodium with our Recipe Makeover, turning an ordinary tuna sandwich into a tasty yet healthier version.
Per serving: 250 calories, 3.4g fat and 0.4g sat fat.
Saves: 236 calories, 19.6g fat and 3g sat fat!
Turkey Bacon Breakfast Burritos
- Olé! Spice up breakfast with these delicious burritos - a lower calorie and lower fat Recipe Makeover version.
Per serving: 251 calories, 9.6g fat and 111mg cholesterol.
Saves: 247 calories, 21g fat and 363mg cholesterol!
Turkey Kielbasa with Cabbage, Sweet Potatoes and Apples
- Polka song and dance culturally surround this home-cooked dish! And, as a Recipe Makeover, it has far less calories, fat and sodium than traditional Kielbasa.
Per serving: 163 calories, 11g fat, 2g sat fat, and 500mg sodium.
Saves: 282 calories, 20g fat, 9g sat fat, and 2300mg sodium!
- As simple as 1-2-3! This Recipe Makeover is an easy-to-make variation of the old favorite.
Per serving: 224 calories, 6g fat, 10g carbs, and 455mg sodium.
Saves: 320 calories, 25g fat, 19g carbs, and 1010mg sodium!
Turkey Sloppy Joes
- This Recipe Makeover transforms an old favorite with turkey - tasty!!
Per serving: 294 calories and 8g fat.
Saves: 118 calories and 8g fat.
Watermelon Blueberry Banana Split
- Here's the latest "scoop" - a fresh, lighter Recipe Makeover twist to the traditional sundae, filled with wholesome fruit.
Per serving: 173 calories, 1.3g fat, 0.4g sat fat, and 27g sugars.
Saves: 859 calories, 46.7g fat, 21.6g sat fat, and 89g sugars over the classic 3-scoop banana split!
Whole-Wheat Banana Bread
- This Recipe Makeover is a delicious, lighter variation of the traditional banana bread.
Per serving: 229 calories and 3g fat.
Saves: 119 calories and 13g fat!
Wholesome Granola Bars
- For a lower fat snack, munch on these cherry granola bars.
Per serving: 148 calories, 4 g fat and 0 cholesterol.
Saves: 245 calories, 14 g fat and 34 mg cholesterol over regular granola bars!
Zesty Wisconsin Parmesan Popcorn
- Like cheese popcorn but want a lower-cal version than the store-bought cheese popcorn? Try this popcorn, made with real cheese.
Per serving: 63 calories, 3 g fat and 240 mg sodium.
Saves: 97 calories, 10.4 g fat and 297 mg sodium.