ControlMyWeight™ Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement governs how CalorieKing collects, stores & shares your data when you use the ControlMyWeight® product created and owned by CalorieKing Wellness Solutions Inc. The product features a food, activity and measurement tracker and is composed of an iOS app and a web app.
ControlMyWeight® collects and stores personal data from the user in order to provide its features. This data may be stored locally on the user's device and/or on CalorieKing's servers. CalorieKing may share anonymized personal data with 3rd party partners for the purpose of research and product improvement.
Personal information is collected and stored while you use ControlMyWeight®. For example:
- Profile - date of birth, gender, height, activity level, etc.
- Preferences - imperial/metric units, preferred nutrients, etc.
- Goals - weight targets, daily energy & exercise targets, etc.
- Diary Entries - weight check ins, meals, physical activity, notes, water consumption, etc.
- Custom Foods & Recipes - homemade items, foods not in CalorieKing's food database, etc.
ControlMyWeight® collects anonymous usage information such as number of app launches, device type, operating system type, screen views, durations, and behaviors. This information is used to understand how CalorieKing's products are used and to help guide improvements.
ControlMyWeight® also collects anonymous information on errors and crashes to help CalorieKing improve the quality and stability of the product.
CalorieKing may disclose information to third parties only as described herein. We may disclose this information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- to trusted service providers who work on our behalf. These service providers must agree to adhere to the rules set forth in this Privacy Statement. They are not permitted to use this information for independent purposes;
- if there is a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets;
- in anonymized form for the purpose of research;
- with your consent.
Deleting your Personal Information
You can stop all collection of information, and remove any collected information, by deleting your CalorieKing account and removing the ControlMyWeight® iOS app from any devices that have it installed. To delete your CalorieKing account, contact CalorieKing support at [email protected].
Your personal data may continue to be stored for a period after account deletion in the form of backups and logs. CalorieKing does not offer any mechanism for removing this personal data.
Special Note Regarding Children Age 13 and Under
The App is designed for adults and use is restricted to persons 18 years of age or older.
We provide physical, electronic (including encryption), and procedural safeguards to protect the information we process. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know the information in order to operate, develop or improve our products. Please be aware that although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for information we process, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
This Privacy Statement may be updated from time to time for any reason. You can find the latest statement on www.calorieking.com. If the changes are material, we will provide additional, prominent notice as appropriate in the circumstances (for example, through the App).
Questions about the App, security, or privacy matters can be sent by email to: [email protected]. You can also contact us through the Settings screen of the App.
Last Updated: 16 May, 2017