Sports, Tailgate, Super Bowl
All-American Turkey Burgers
- Try a new twist on the classic quarter-pounder with this Recipe Makeover. This version uses lean ground turkey in place of ground beef.
Per serving: 379 calories and 10.6g fat.
Saves: 136 calories and 25.4g fat!
All-Star Pork Meatballs
- Fun for kids to make - and eat too! These meatballs are oversized and cook easily in the oven.
- A delicious homemade dip.
Avocado and Dill Salsa
- Great for entertaining - serve this as a lovely dip or a salsa topping.
Award Winning Guacamole
- This dip is so good that you'll give it your own reward.
BBQ Pork Wrap
- Spicy pork and salad wrapped in pita bread.
Baked Mozzarella Sticks
- Cheesy nibbles loaded with calcium.
- Fresh banana frozen on a stick.
- An easy dish of tofu slices baked in barbecue sauce.
Beef and Mushroom Burgers
- Craving a burger? Forget takeout, make your own! Our Recipe Makeover shows you how to make it with less calories and fat than the burgers you'll find at your local burger place.
Per serving: 452 calories and 14g fat.
Saves: 375 calories and 42g fat
- Oktoberfest, Super Bowl, tailgate party, or sports night - these chops take on the hops!
Black Bean Fajitas
- Bring some sizzle to your table with these delicious meatless fajitas!
Boca Meatless Chili
- This slow cooker, crock-pot meatless chili will warm you on a cold day!
Brazilian Garlic Shrimp
- Usually served as tapas or appetizers, this spicy shrimp can also be a light entrée.
Brown Sugar Tortilla with Cinnamon Apples
- The warm brown sugar tortilla and cinnamon apples mesh well, rendering a unique dessert - sure to be a hit!
Cajun Spiced Sweet Potato Wedges
- The cool, yogurt sauce balances the flavor of these spicy potatoes. Serve as a side dish, appetizer or snack.
California Avocado Roast Corn Nachos
- Add these delicious nachos to your next sports, tailgate or Super Bowl party!
Caramel Apple Pork Chops
- The flavor of the classic apple treat is evoked in this tasty Fall entrée!
Cheese Lovers' Pizza Squares
- Pizza that is a quick and easy fast-food for adults and children alike!
Cheesy Broccoli Potato Soup
- Mmmm, good! This creamy-tasting soup, is a Recipe Makeover, made lower-fat than a traditional cheesy broccoli soup.
Per serving: 150 calories, 5g fat and 3g sat fat.
Saves: 150 calories, 16g fat and 10.5g sat fat.
Cherry Citrus Spritzer
- A refreshing alternative to sugary drinks, packed with antioxidants.
Cherry Cola Cooler
- Jell-O and cola whipped into a cool dessert.
Chili Con Carne
- Spicy beef, tomatoes and beans are featured in this warming dish.
Chunky Pork and Sausage Chili
- It's chili time! This lower-calorie Recipe Makeover can easily be prepared in a slow cooker (crock pot).
Per serving: 199 calories, 4.3g fat and 594mg sodium.
Saves: 183 calories, 19.2g fat and 639mg sodium!
Cilantro Yogurt Dip
- This 3-ingredient dip incorporates strained yogurt.
- Enjoy the zesty taste of this crunchy coleslaw. It's 40% less calories than traditional coleslaw.
Confetti Quesadillas with Cilantro Yogurt Dip
- Celebrate or cheer on your favorite team with this simple-to-make recipe. Olé!
Cool Shrimp Tacos
- Delicious tacos featuring shrimp, avocado, veggies, and sour cream - olé!
Easy Vegetarian Pizza
- Mmmm, try this mouth-watering pizza with a light, crunchy base! Our Recipe Makeover, saves you many calories, fat and carbs over a traditional cheese pizza.
Per serving: 133 calories, 4g fat, 1g sat fat, and 7g carbs.
Saves: 316 calories, 22g fat, 10g sat fat, and 25g carbs!
- For a healthy alternative to the old favorite, try this re-invented lasagna made with ground turkey.
- Pasta salad gets the Recipe Makeover treatment. We shave off the calories, fat and carbs of traditional pasta salad in our version.
Per serving: 201 calories, 4g fat and 33g carbs.
Saves: 263 calories, 18g fat and 27g carbs.
- Fish sticks, low-fat style.
Frozen California Apricot Pops
- Fresh fruit popsicles - and, so easy to make!
- This oven-baked Recipe Makeover knocks the "fry" out of French fries!
Per serving: 201 calories and 5g fat.
Saves: 65 calories and 8g fat.
Grilled Chili Lime Chicken Wings
- Easy, tasty skinless chicken wings! This lower-calorie, lower-fat Recipe Makeover scores big at sports night, tailgate or Super Bowl parties!
Per serving (3 wings): 235 cals and 5.2 g fat.
Saves (per 3 wings): 139 cals and 18 g fat!
Grilled Potato Salad
- Hot potato slices coated with turmeric, rosemary and caraway seeds.
Healthy Soy Sloppy Joes
- A blast from the past, this Recipe Makeover of a 1930's supper dish combines soy, herbs and spices for a quick, flavorful meal.
Per serving: 292 calories and 6.9g fat.
Saves: 120 calories and 9.3g fat over a traditional recipe!
Hot! Potato Wedges
- Tasty oven-baked wedges - with a kick!
- Touchdown! These spicy, Italian kebobs add pizzazz to a Super Bowl, tailgate or Saturday night get-together!
- Refreshing drink with 81% calorie reduction from traditional recipe.
- Sparkling, flavored mineral water.
Mint Iced Tea
- Iced tea with a hint of mint.
Mushroom and Fish Skewers
- This is a delight to serve hot from the grill!
New Fashioned Grilled Dogs with Mustard Salsa
- Tired of the same old fashioned dog? Try this new version!
No-Fat Chocolate Cupcakes
- Light, luscious chocolate cupcakes that are fat free!
- Perfect for the chocaholic!
- How about a tasty under 100-calorie candy treat to please the palate? This Recipe Makeover shows you how!
Per serving: 62 calories, 2.3g fat and 2.1g sugars.
Saves: 41 calories, 0.5g fat and 8.1 sugars.
Nutty Soy 'n Rice Burgers
- Vegetarian burgers with a special nutty and rice flavor.
- This fun, frozen dessert is easy enough for the kids to help make. Plus, as it's a Recipe Makeover, it's much lighter than a traditional recipe!
Per serving: 138 calories and 2.5g fat.
Saves: 134 calories and 3.2g fat.
Oven Fried Catfish
- Delicious oven fried catfish, without the extra calories, fat or carbs!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
- This Recipe Makeover is a great holiday treat or lunchbox snack, with 20% less calories than the traditional recipe.
Per serving: 67 calories and 3g sugars.
Saves: 17 calories and 4g sugars.
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cookies
- Serve these yummy cookies at a party or Halloween celebration! They taste like the popular peanut butter cups.
- Whether for the Super Bowl, tailgate party or touch football, score big with this delicious, spicy dish!
Ranch-style Barbecue Steak
- Steak marinated in beer and spices - whether it's the Super Bowl game, a tailgate party or sport's night, this meal scores high!
Salmon Burgers with Sweet Potato Oven Fries
- Surprisingly simple to prepare, this colorful fish meal contains lots of healthy omega-3-fats and calcium!
Per serving, if served separately: Salmon Burger, bun and lettuce/tomato: 350 cals, 9.2g fat, 27.6g carbs; Sweet Potato Fries (baked): 158 cals, 5.3g fat, 26.2g carbs.
Saucy Italian Turkey Sausage Sub
- With a Recipe Makeover, here's a leaner sandwich fit for Oktoberfest, game night, tailgate party, or Super Bowl party!
Per serving: 413 calories, 9g fat and 0.7g sat fat.
Saves: 431 calories, 34g fat and 16.3g sat fat!
- A festive, colorful dish combining vegetables and seafood.
Simple Fish Taco
- A lighter fish taco, supplying one veggie serving.
Slow Cooker BBQ Turkey Sandwich
- Made in a slow cooker (crock pot), this flavorful sandwich is good year round.
Slow Cooker Fresh Veggie Lasagna
- Cooked in a slow cooker, such as a crock pot, this nutritious meal is full of flavor.
Southwestern Beef Stew
- Warm up with this easy-to-make, hearty stew.
Spicy Navajo Green Chili
- Pork chili, made as spicy hot as you can want! Can be cooked in a slow cooker, such as a crock-pot.
Super Bowl Meatloaf
- Hearty and economical, this super meatloaf makes a touchdown!
Sweet and Salty Crunchy Mix
- Can't decide between a sweet or a salty snack? This mix blends both flavors!
- This recipe is an excellent introduction to cooking with tofu.
Touchdown Taco Salad
- Add this Recipe Makeover of the traditional taco salad to your tailgate or Super Bowl party. As a lower-calorie salad it scores a touchdown every time!
Per serving: 178 calories, 2.8g fat and 0.8g sat fat.
Saves: 604 calories, 48.2g fat and 20.5g sat fat!
Touchdown Turkey Kebobs
- Touchdown! Whether for Super Bowl, Monday night football, or touch football - these kebobs score big!
- Skim down the calories and sodium with our Recipe Makeover, turning an ordinary tuna sandwich into a tasty yet healthier version.
Per serving: 250 calories, 3.4g fat and 0.4g sat fat.
Saves: 236 calories, 19.6g fat and 3g sat fat!
- A simple and tasty burger idea that is also excellent on the barbecue!
- This warming chili mingles the flavors of turkey and salsa.
- Turkey-style lower fat meatballs.
Turkey Potato Salad
- This salad is a hit on the 4th of July! Or serve it year-round as an entrée or side salad.
Turkey Sloppy Joes
- This Recipe Makeover transforms an old favorite with turkey - tasty!!
Per serving: 294 calories and 8g fat.
Saves: 118 calories and 8g fat.
- Tasty ecclectic tacos made with turkey, bell pepper, black beans, olive oil and curry sauce.
- For burgers with a difference, try these tasty vegetarian burgers.
- A great burger for tailgate or Super Bowl parties...or anytime!
- A sweet, refreshing salad for camping, a picnic or a hot summer day.